Ungrim Ironfist, Belegar Ironhammer, and Kurgan Ironbeard Vs. Gorbad Ironclaw, Astragoth Ironhand, and Ghark Ironskin

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for mordhauextreme1
MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

dawi win, no one here is beating Ungrim in a 1vs1 while Belegar and Kurgan Ironbeard can certainly hold the line long enough for Ungrim to win his duel

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordhauextreme1: not even Gorbad? Isn’t he supposed to be one of the greatest Ork war bosses to ever live?

MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow said:

@mordhauextreme1: not even Gorbad? Isn’t he supposed to be one of the greatest Ork war bosses to ever live?

Hes great a leading, not necessary fighting. Hes a decent fighter, but hes not gonna beat Ungrim

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow said:

@mordhauextreme1: Ah. So an Ork Karl Franz basically.

Basically, hes still really good cause in order to be a warboss u need to be either cunning or brutal, and most orcs are brutal and those that are cunning are still again brutal unlike goblins, so hes good and his waaagh is a reflect on that so to speak, but yeah overall hes a commander more than a warrior

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why won't notifications work smh lol

Gorbad is being massively undersold here tbh. He soloed two giants at once, could dent the walls of Karaz-a-Karak by knocking on it with his fist, soloed an army of empire knights and an elector count noted as the greatest warrior in the empire at once, and singlehandedly fought against ann entire army of dwarves. While saying that Ungrim could beat him is correct, Gorbad is far from just being a Karl Franz.

Now as for which team wins I am not quite sure. I feel like Kurgan is the weakest here (partly due to a lack of feats), and while Astragoth shares that he at least has magic on his side which could make him useful for support. Ghark doesn't really have the feats that Belegar does, but his mount, ogre-sized strength, and the fact that he's noted as the greatest ogre tyrant to live could indicate he would win nonetheless. Gorbad could hold off Ungrim, but not beat him. So imo it depends on how potent Astragoth's magic is, and if Ghark can beat Belegar and then help Gorbad.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree, fuckin notifications....

Mmh. I side with team order, basically because Ungrim is on the team, backed up by good damage soakers.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Well if true, that would bump Gorbad up in my rankings considerably. I currently have him on the same tier as Karl but I'm thinking I may want to change that. Might swap him with Krell.

MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Found it,

Tales of Gorbad's personal deeds were told in every tribe, such as when the great Orc personally bested two Giants at once and how he chased a defeated army of stunties, to the gates of the vast Dwarfen capital of Karaz-a-Karak. It is said that Gorbad dared to knock on the unassailable walls of that fastness and the great dents of his trademark iron claw can still be seen on the mountainside. Soon Orc & Goblin trives from all across the Badlands rose up to join this King of all Warbosses.

-Warhammer Fantasy: Orcs and Goblins Armybook 8th Edition

When tales are spread its most likely just stories told of a great warrior doing such and such, but overall take the quote as you will. Tbh I'd rather have another orc up there instead of some scumbag undead :) However if u makes it happy u can also swap the ogre out to since him and Krell are around the same level anyway

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth:

could dent the walls of Karaz-a-Karak by knocking on it with his fist

This is prolly the biggest thing Karl obviously couldn't do, so do u happen to have the quote for this?

Yeah here you go, I'll give you the direct scan from the armybook :)

No Caption Provided

@cheth: Well if true, that would bump Gorbad up in my rankings considerably. I currently have him on the same tier as Karl but I'm thinking I may want to change that. Might swap him with Krell.

I would put him somewhat above Krell yeah, though I think that fight would be a great one to watch!

MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Beat you too it, too slow :)

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Found it,

Tales of Gorbad's personal deeds were told in every tribe, such as when the great Orc personally bested two Giants at once and how he chased a defeated army of stunties, to the gates of the vast Dwarfen capital of Karaz-a-Karak. It is said that Gorbad dared to knock on the unassailable walls of that fastness and the great dents of his trademark iron claw can still be seen on the mountainside. Soon Orc & Goblin trives from all across the Badlands rose up to join this King of all Warbosses.

-Warhammer Fantasy: Orcs and Goblins Armybook 8th Edition

When tales are spread its most likely just stories told of a great warrior doing such and such, but overall take the quote as you will. Tbh I'd rather have another orc up there instead of some scumbag undead :) However if u makes it happy u can also swap the ogre out to since him and Krell are around the same level anyway

While you could argue its untrue since its a tale they note that you can still see great dents of his iron claw on the mountainside, meaning it must have happened if its visible imo

MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: That's part of the tale though, because the tale says "It is said that" meaning its still part of the rumor, however I aint complaining as dawi are nothing but scumbags imo :P

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: That's part of the tale though, because the tale says "It is said that" meaning its still part of the rumor, however I aint complaining as dawi are nothing but scumbags imo :P

Ah thats a fair intrepretation. I moreso read it as "It is said that Gorbad dared to knock on the unassailable walls of that fastnes", and then "the great dents of his trademark iron claw can still be seen on the mountainside." is affirmation of that rumour, but yours makes sense too

MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Yeah, i dont mind either way ik haters will say wank, but screw it gobos rule anyway lawl

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordhauextreme1: I thought you said you liked Krell?

And he should still be above Ghark I would think.

MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: I do like him, but doesnt mean hes still not an undead scumbag :P

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordhauextreme1: I thought you said you liked Krell?

And he should still be above Ghark I would think.

Its hard to tell how good Ghark actually is tbf. I would put Krell above but its possible that as one of the greatest ogre tyrants, a machine steed and full armour he could beat Krell. Astragoth dies to him with the exception of magic tho